Thursday, September 24, 2009

Phlebotomy School

We decided to sign Wesley up for a Phlebotomy class so he can start to do something in the field that he wants to go into.

Here are a few of his wounds from class. All the students practice drawing blood on each other (instead of something lame like an orange or tomato) getting stuck anywhere from 5 to 20 times depending on their ambition. He really enjoys the new experience and is excited to keep practicing.

This is his right arm which has a big bruise from someone missing his vein a couple times.

This is his left arm which isn't too bruised up.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Ouch! Whats his major?

Anonymous said...

I was thinking about doing that class...I'm not to excited about being poked 20 times! Remember when I gave blood in Price...they couldn't fine my vein so I was poked like 10 times then and it sucked!